Oil changes, house painting, home repair, and plumbing: tasks many of us attempt to tackle ourselves (or at least we think about it). For some, weed control and lawn fertilization are also on the list for consideration. Can you DIY your lawn care? Sure. Are there benefits to calling the experts? Yes. In this blog, I’d like to discuss the top 3 advantages of hiring a trusted lawn care operation such as Nature’s Turf.
1. Quality Application Equipment and Proper Storage
The accurate and even application of weed control products and fertilizer is important for the results you desire—and that requires specialized equipment. Keep in mind that this equipment is only used occasionally, and it takes up space. Spreaders and sprayers are bulky, and professional-grade equipment can be very expensive.
Employing Nature’s Turf allows us to bring professional-grade equipment to you—and take it with us when we leave. Since our equipment is in constant use, it’s always in good working order and calibrated perfectly. Not only does this keep this equipment out of your checkbook, but it also keeps it out of your garage or shed.
2. Not All Weed Control Products Are the Same
Quality, type, safety, amount, timing, and coverage; these are all vitally important considerations for the application of weed control products. The number of weed control products on the market is vast, and there is a large disparity in cost, availability, and performance. Weed control is often the primary reason a client employs our services. Whether for a personal desire to have a beautiful lawn or at the behest of a homeowner’s association, minimizing weeds is important. While you may be able to walk into a large chain hardware store and buy weed control products, there are many factors to consider when selecting the right one.
Is it a pre- or post-emergent? Is it labeled to take care of the weeds you’re concerned about? Is it safe on the grass you have? How much of it can you apply at one time? Are repeat applications required? How far apart? How much space does this bag cover, and how much will it cost per treatment? These are all important questions to answer, and there are so many more.
It’s also important to note that certain weed control products can only be purchased and applied by or under the supervision of a licensed applicator. These are restricted-use products, and they are well-regulated. While a homeowner can go through the process of becoming licensed, these products are expensive and have low use rates. It may take the average-sized lawn years to use it, where we are able to apply it over many lawns, distributing that cost.
3. Specialized Knowledge and Capabilities
Regardless of the profession, nothing replaces experience. Nature’s Turf is owned, managed, planned, and executed by industry professionals with years of experience successfully growing healthy and beautiful turfgrass and ornamental plants in the Atlanta area.
It’s our job to stay aware of the industry’s current offerings for products and strategies. We constantly evaluate results, refining our programs, and making adjustments that apply directly to our turfgrasses in our climate. That knowledge is shared with our support staff and applicators who take pride in providing the results you expect when you select our services.
In the event your yard requires additional services or attention, it’s our job to tackle those tasks. It can be hard to find the right weekend at the right time of year to rent the correct equipment to aerate for example, but that’s a quick call and quote to add to your program. Frustrations mount quickly when weather doesn’t cooperate and you have weeds to kill. By partnering with Nature’s Turf, you can rest assured we will get them taken care of.
- The accurate and even application of weed control products and fertilizer is important for the results you desire—and that requires specialized equipment that is only used occasionally and takes up space. At Nature’s Turf, we have that quality, specialized equipment (that you don’t have to store).
- The number of weed control products on the market is vast, and there is a large disparity in cost, availability, and performance. Keeping the details straight and providing what your yard needs when needed is our specialty.
- Regardless of the profession, nothing replaces experience. Nature’s Turf is owned, managed, planned, and executed by industry professionals with years of experience successfully growing healthy and beautiful turfgrass and ornamental plants in the Atlanta area.
- Reach out to Nature’s Turf at (678) 831-6343, and let our professionals do the work while you enjoy the beautiful, weed-free benefits of a healthy lawn.